At Balanced Rock we believe everyone should have access to the outdoors, Yosemite National Park, and wellness opportunities. We do everything we can to make our courses accessible to all who are interested regardless of financial resources. We are excited to be able to offer these unique experiences for people to connect with Yosemite and its wilderness in a deeply personal way.
As we are a small non-profit, our tuition assistance funds are limited. Please assess your personal finances and ability to pay for a course. How could you make this work for you? If after your assessment you determine that tuition assistance would turn your dream journey into a reality, please send a letter answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please share with us your goals for attending the program. What do you hope to gain
from the experience?
- The tuition assistance amount you are requesting.
- Include your contact information including email, phone and mailing address.
- Indicate your willingness to complete the following three items after the completion of your trip or retreat.
In return for tuition assistance, we require all recipients to commit to three things after their course to help us raise funds for future recipients:
- Write one letter that we can send to our donors sharing your course experience with them.
- Spend at least one hour helping us get the word out about our programs. This could be posting flyers, making phone calls, writing an article or blog, or emailing all your contacts about your experience.
- Review Balanced Rock on at least one social media platform (and more if you can!) Yelp, Trip Advisor, and Facebook are great options. You can use this as a place for reflection on your own journey and what you received from the experience.
We will review your request and send you a response in a timely manner. In general we offer financial assistance of up to 30% off the full tuition rate. The course tuitions can be found at the top of each course description page. We ask that you assess your needs and choose an amount that works for you, and includes a personally significant contribution from you.
If you have any other questions please feel free to write or call us at email@example.com or 209-379-9453. Have an excellent day!